Cleanliness and Safety
The Durham Hotel is open with the safety and well-being of our team members, guests, and community top of mind. We’re excited to welcome you! Here is what to expect:
The wearing of face masks is no longer required by the city of Durham and by The Durham Hotel. Those who are more comfortable wearing face masks — including our team members — are welcome to do so. Hand sanitizer stations have been placed at points of entry and on elevator landings.
Valet parking is back! The Durham offers a 24/7 valet service for hotel and dining guests. Overnight parking is $20, while daytime visitor and Roof guest parking is $10. First-floor Restaurant guests receive complimentary valet parking. We recommend approaching the hotel from the east to ensure easy access to the building’s designated concierge spaces.
Our beds are the best with your most restful sleep in mind! Enjoy a cup of freshly ground Counter Culture Coffee first thing in the morning with our coffee service program. We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch areas.
Food & Drink
A la carte breakfast is served in the Restaurant daily.
Our fitness center is open 24 hours with registered guest keycard access. All equipment and high-touch surfaces are being clean regularly for the safety of our guests. For an outdoor walk, jog or run, stop by our front desk for a map to and around Duke’s East campus. In addition, hotel guests are welcome to join us for complimentary Rooftop Yoga sessions on the Roof with La Vita Yoga; view the schedule.
The Durham’s Commitment to Cleanliness
We continue to implement safety measures to keep you and our employees safe and comfortable during your time at The Durham.
- The wearing of face masks is no longer required by the city of Durham and by The Durham Hotel. Those who are more comfortable wearing face masks — including our team members — are welcome to do so.
- Stay-over housekeeping services will be available by request only, and rooms must be unoccupied for service.
- Keys may be left in the room for a contactless check-out and your statement will be emailed to you.
- We continue to monitor and evolve our cleaning solutions to ensure a continued focus on the health and safety of our guests and associates.
- We continue to conduct frequent cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces and all high-touch areas.
- Our housekeeping department is trained on all hotel standard housekeeping and hygiene protocols, with some associates also trained on enhanced virus prevention awareness. We take the training of all associates very seriously to ensure we are up to date with all changes as they occur in the industry.
We are continuously monitoring the news, and following guidelines from our local government and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and we are vigilantly following the advice to keep you happy and healthy. If you have any questions about our cleanliness procedures, please email us at email@example.com. We are here for you.
See you soon,
The Durham Team
Connect with Us
Sign up for specials, news and events happening at The Durham Hotel.